The Dawn Skinner Fund seeks to both educate and inform end-of-life care givers and organisations on the specific needs relating to transgender people.
How we hope to do this:
- To offer support and advice to transgender people facing the end of their lives
- To offer support and advice those close to them, particularly partners.
- To help individuals ensure that their wishes with respect to their transgender identity are complied with both before and after their death.
- To have support materials relating to transgender end-of-life care freely available to those who need them
- To offer training and advice on transgender-related matters to professionals working in palliative care
- To help and advise organisations regarding the needs of transgender individuals in end-of-life care
- To raise awareness in the UK health system of the needs of transgender people who are facing the end of their lives
- To work with other specialist end-of-life organisations who may come into contact with transgender people during the course of their work.